Founded in 2010, Yao Yuan—Academy for Pharma Innovation, is an independent, non-political, and not-for-profit organization. Yao Yuan’s missions include:
1. To develop increased U.S.-China trade and investment activities in the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries by assisting American and Chinese companies, professionals and the general public to better understand the business environments and cultural traditions relevant to successfully doing business in both countries;
2. To promote and enhance knowledge of the biotechnology and pharmaceutical sciences;
3. To organize educational lectures, seminars, conferences, workshops, executive briefings, trade missions and networking events;
4. To promote career development of Chinese pharmaceutical and biotechnology professionals in both the United States and China through lectures, mentor program, training and job listing;
5. To publish a professional journal called “Academy in Pharma Innovation”; and
6. To engage in any and all lawful activities that may be incidental or reasonably related to any of the foregoing purposes, and to have and exercise all of the powers and authority now or hereafter conferred upon not-for-profit corporations under the laws of the State of Illinois.